This is a solution of Organizational Behaviour Assignment which would investigate the meaning of the word working person in respect to the roles, behavior and actions they perform in a professional environment.
The essay would investigate the meaning of the word working person in respect to the roles, behavior and actions they perform in a professional environment. The models and framework regarding the concept where organizational learning, Performance, and stakeholders are of major importance to elaborate the ‘working person’ in the Social and Organizational perspective (Furnham 2005), therefore, the personnel who are categorized under the same should have a task to perform, a role in the business, some sort of counterproductive behavior as well as discipline abiding qualities as per the norms set in the system that they belong. Further, the motivational aspect of the working person to drive their allegiance and motivations are also part of the working person’s need while they work for the business.
Model and Framework
The various model and concepts along with the framework of the organization have been provided to elaborate the Working Person concept.
- Open systems: When the social science of Open system is analyzed, it gives rise to a process that is interactive with the elements of exchange of materials, experience, energy, capital as well as information within the environment that they are working in. Thus in the open system allows the interaction between the internal elements of the environment where both way interactions, exchange of internal operational elements is shared. Therefore, the Working person works in an open system environment where they interact, exchange, coordinate, and collaborate to accomplish a goal. Since the relationships are non-deterministic so the open system has very little deterministic study and thus the people working are weaved with the very fabric of the society to perform (Gould.et.al 2006)
- Organizational Learning: The Organizational learning is a process that creates, retains and transfers knowledge to others in the organization to enhance the job knowledge of fewer experienced employees to make them more skilled. In the process of learning the knowledge is created in four different levels like the individual, group, business-wide and across the business. The Working Man gets to learn all these aspects of the organizational operations to perform their job as the worker. Hence, the working man is the person who works for the organization and thus the knowledge and process of organization is to be known by them to perform (Argote 2012). Thus, the organizational learning for the worker is very much needed to build the environment more competent and thus growth of the organization. They are the pillars of the organization and thus the learning for the organization about the working men and vice versa are of highest priority.
- High Performance: The standards of performance is said to be high when it achieves a successful growth and improvements in its operations. The organizations have to recruit, groom and utilize the work of the people at the best place where they fit for best outcomes. These people 0associated with performance are working persons where the aforesaid people show curiosity, innovation, high productivity in their respective field of work. These people are expected to be responsible for their jobs, take ownership of the process, execute it and aim to perform better in any given situation. However, the performance management measure is directly proportional to the capabilities of the working individuals which determine the process success or its stays as average. For the same the working persons in the process has to be adequately skilled and motivated to give the best (Arnold, 2011).
- Stakeholders: The stakeholders in the business are they who are directly affected by the decisions and actions of the working people within. The role of The Employer, a major stakeholder is to see that the people working should be adequately motivated and protected from hazards of the job. The working person is stakeholder too who are directly responsible for the outcome of the process which the business performs. Hence, the working person as a stakeholder has to perform the job that are engaged for, as well as ensure that the safety and good working environment is being maintained (Waddell 2005). Further, the working Person would also ensure that the tools of the trade are being well used and maintained. The working man would ensure that the work assigned is being properly done and the outcomes are as per the standards.
The behavioral finance aspect of the Working Person has a great deal of effects on the tasks performance, integration with the organization, demonstrating the behavior that is counterproductive, willingness to join and work for the business and maintain disciplines like Attendance. The aspects of the behavior are being looked into on the above grounds.
a.Task Performance: From the organizational psychology theory the performance is called the behavior as it differentiates organizational performs the action. The outcome of the process is the mix of individual’s performance and their influences. So the task performed is the outcome of the employee behavior that is being enacted through actions. Nevertheless, the performance is not only the result of individual actions but have a lot to do with the idea generation, innovation and decision making needed for a specific job. Task performance and effectiveness are not the same so the balance the both the working person’s behavioral and technical skills along with involvement with the job are the key (Kolb 2014).
- Organizational Citizenship: When a working man in the business is motivated they wish to give more to the business, as the business is taking care of them. This would mean they would be a team player and good solution provider during conflicts. The business, on the other hand, can get the best of the organizational citizenship with a good reward policy to boost the employee morale, generate a fairness in the team to promote the same while the recruitments too needs to have a sharp eye to recruiting them who have the social responsibility ideas well understood and appreciated (Spector 2003)
c.Counterproductive Behavior (CB): The CB of the ‘Working Person ‘can be achieved with a good business employee relation. The motivation to add and do more for the business has to be reciprocated with reward policies to encourage the counterproductive behaviors which have an immensely positive effect in the business (Steers.et.al 2010).
- Work Related behavior: During the joining the best talents are being chosen by the business that suits their needs. However, job dissatisfaction leads to the motivation to quit so they retain the employees by making them more valued and specialized to curb the dissatisfaction. The employees are to be provided with the targeted tasks which they perform to achieve the objective for which working people with skill and knowledge is needed. This encourages them to remain the business and attracts talents too who are the future working people (Greenberg and Baron 1995).
- Attendance: The attendance of the employees has a great potential to give an idea about the situational and motivational factor in the working group of people. People who are de-motivated and dejected with the job or the organization would have lesser attendance in a regular basis. Nevertheless, any emergency like road blocks, or Natural calamity which may have hamper the attendance for which the business operation management have a different outlook (Steers.et.al 2010).
The performance that has the aspect of motivation in all its aspect is well observed when the performer and the observer have a lot to gain from. The performance those directs others to follow, invites and attracts is the motivational performance. The organization has to reward such performance to boost the morale of others (Bellemare.et.al 2010)
- MARS Model: The model of MARS is the indicator of the individual behavior which would stand for Motivation, Ability, Role, and Situation. The model is used to determine the changes needed in the individual behavior which best portrays the need for such a step. Motivation is the driving force which affects the direction, intensity and consistency of the behavior of the working person. The Ability is the inbuiltaptitudes and skills that help in the success of the job, makes the person learn and perform better and let the pickup knowledge and skills to further improve. This has a relation with the personality trait which enables the working person to pick up the job and perform. The role perceptions make the position of the worker amply clear what to perform with the need and importance of the job so the needed behavior can be framed. However, the situational factors are out of human hands as they are dependent upon the macro perspectives where the business has little control (Bellemare.et.al 2010).
- Personality: A performance which can be identified as motivational cannot happen in isolation. Thus, the people will observe and learn while the employee finds the bright side which the business has to make clear. The motivation driven personality is the best asset for the business among the ‘working people’ with it (Spector 2003)
- Expectancy Theory: The expectation that this would lead an individual to act in a certain manner as they were motivated to choose a behavior which ensures the resultant outcome. Therefore, the motivation that is got with a certain behavioral approach is the expectancy theory (Greenberg and Baron 2009).
- Organization Rules: The policies and the rules of the business should not be a hindrance of the Motivational Performance.
- Argote, L., 2012. Organizational learning: Creating, retaining and transferring knowledge. Springer Science & Business Media.
- Bellemare, C., Lepage, P. and Shearer, B., 2010. Peer pressure, incentives, and gender: An experimental analysis of motivation in the workplace. Labour Economics, 17(1), pp.276-283.
- Furnham, A., 2005. The psychology of behaviour at work: The individual in the organization. Psychology Press, Viewed on Dec 10, via Eacadei.edu.
- Greenberg, J. and Baron, R.J., 1995. Behavior in Organization: Understanding and Managing the Human side of work. Prentice Hall.
Assignment help Australia offers free sample assignments did by us in the past. Judge us by our work and get the best quality assignment help to score excellent marks in your academics. Get assignment writing tips, for online assignment help now.