This is a solution of data architectural assignment in which we discuss, about database and data warehousing solution for global bike incorporation
Question 1 is design-oriented and you can expect that question to focus on a topic appropriate to that – e.g., architecture, data universe(s) etc. The form of the question will be along the lines of: Describe and illustrate < X > appropriate to meeting GBI’s perceived needs.
Answer: The Data architectural view for Global Bike Incorporation can be designed keeping in mind the current requirements of the company which are: to save models of company bike from emulation, making the proper use of the shared service model, to remove local differences in the market, to counter react on the competitors move, adjusting manufacturing to demand and resolving issues related with the dealer and supplier network (Connolly and Begg, 2005). The Architecture design of the data universe should be as follows:
- Data architecture goal and constraints: The Data design should be such that it includes data integrity items such as warehouse centres.
- Logical data architectures: Logical data architecture is required in the company in order to support the goals of the architectural design.
- Design components: various components are required in data architecture such as atomic layer or ODS, cube farm and geospatial data structure.
- Test plans: Test plan forms an important part of any business intelligence data structure. The test plan contains the testing standard for all the business iterations.
Technical architectural view of the data universe should look like as follows:
- The Goals and constraints on the technical architecture should be specific to the tangible components of the data universe in order to support the data design of the company
- The Technical architecture including hardware, software and network of the company should be in accordance to the data universe requirement of the company so that basic needs of the company can be accomplished.
- The Implementation plans of the data design should be flexible enough that anytime implementation process can be carried out in the company so as to support the data system (Davenport and Harris, 2007).
The Data warehouse required for the requirements of the GBI would be similar to the following structure as shown:
The Data warehouse required by the company should contain the arrangement such that it should contain the parts such as data source where all the data would be stored and after extracting the data would be sent to data warehouse from where it would be sent to various OLAP server for the processing and in end this data would be analysed with the help of the analysis tools, report making tools and data mining tools as shown in the figure above. (Read more about : Data Mining Assignment Help)
Question 2 is issue-oriented and provides you with more scope to apply your critical understanding of the subject. The form of the question will be along the lines of: Discuss, critically, the issues that GBI face in < Y > and how they might be dealt with.
Answer: The Various issues faced by Global Bike Incorporations can be categorised as follows:
- To protect emulation: At present the main issue confronted by the company is the emulation of the bike design done by their competitors.
- Making the proper use of the shared service model: The IT model of the company which is shared service model is not used properly in the company. The Various systems implemented in the company are SCM, ERP, CRM and HRM. These IT systems can help the company to have a successful IT model with the help of which key performance indicators of the company can be linked with these IT systems and proper use of these IT systems can be done in order to enhance the productivity of the employees.
- To remove local differences in the market: There are various differences in the designing and the product features in local markets such as USA, Europe and Africa. Hence the company want to standardise the product design across various local markets (Howson, 2007). In order to remove the local differences company needs to have strong BI system which can deal with the various problems faced by the company due to difference in the local market. A BI system can help in capturing various business tactics of the local markets such as the taxation and other such factors.
- To counter react on the competitors move, adjusting manufacturing to demand and resolving issues related with the dealer and supplier network: The Competitors are very rapidly acquiring the market share by emulating companies design hence company now needs to counter react on the competitor’s move in order to protect their market share. For counter reacting the competitor’s move company requires two things which are organisational strength and technical strength. Organisational strength can be enhanced by getting the continuous support from the executives and lower level employees of the company while in order to build the technical strength of the company new hardware and software need to be acquired by the company.
- Company need to select their partners which can help in building strength of the company for the Business intelligence. A successful BI network which is build with their partners can help the company in maintaining the dealers and suppliers of the company.
In order to deal with the above mentioned issues companies needs to take strict measure so that proper market share can be maintained for the company. Hence following measures can be suggested:
- Secured Data Universe: Company need to implement a data universe which provides the security for the very crucial data hence the design emulation from the competitors can be stopped. Hence data theft will be saved and design emulation can be stopped this way which is the biggest issue confronted by the company at present (MacDonald et al, 2005).
- Efficient IT System: The Present IT system of the company is not efficiently used in the company hence an IT system which can provide efficiency is required. So that the shared IT system can work properly.
- Standardisation of process: There is strong need of standardisation of all the manufacturing process of the company. If the processes of the company would be standardised then the company would be able to deliver same kind of designs and product features in every local market hence there would not be such differences.
- Counter reaction for competitor’s move: Company needs to counter react on the competitor’s move by leveraging on their string and reputed brand as the competitor’s have established themselves just now. And the competitor’s are emulating their design and once company will stop the emulation then they can capture the market share easily.
- Managing supply and demand: There are various issues related with demand and supply of the bikes in the company hence there is requirement of the proper demand forecasting and hence proper forecasting can manage the situation of demand and supply mismatch (Shmueli et al, 2007).
- Strong dealer and supplier: In the competitive market having a proper supplier and dealer network is a big competitive advantage hence the company needs to work on that part in order to establish their strong dealer as well as supplier network. Since GBI is operating from so many years so it would be easier for them in comparison to their competitors to establish dealer and supplier network. (See more about : Health Safety in Hospitality industry Assignment)
Some of the most critical issues faced in the Global Bike Incorporation in the data warehouse system of the company can be summed up as follows:
- Poor data quality
- Improper business Intelligence tool
- Lack of data training
- Connolly, T. and Begg, C. (2005), Database Systems: A Practical Approach to Design, Implementation, and Management, 4th Edn., Addison Wesley, Harlow, Essex.
- Davenport, T.H. and Harris, J.G. (2007), Competing on Analytics: The New Science of Winning, Harvard Business School Press, Harvard, MA.
- Howson, C. (2007), Successful Business Intelligence: Secrets to Making BI a Killer App, McGraw Hill, New York.
- MacDonald, K., Wilmsmeier, A., Dixon, D. C. and Inmon, W. H. (2005), Mastering the SAP Business Information Warehouse: Leveraging the Business Intelligence Capabilities of SAP NetWeaver, Wiley, New York.
- Shmueli, G., Patel, N.R. and Bruce, P.C. (2007), Data Mining for Business Intelligence, John Wiley and Sons, New Jersey.
Australia assignment help provide assignment writing service based on case study requirements in affordable prices and we are providing most flexible online assignment writing help, so book your Assignment with us,Order now